Volos to Skiathos and Storm Medusa

The weather in Volos didn’t improve during Friday afternoon and it was impossible to leave so we waited through the evening – it did eventually calm down and the sea was flat around midnight but Ed preferred to leave very early than to sail overnight all the way.  I didn’t go to bed, as I’m not good at early mornings and am always better if I don’t get any sleep at all, than a couple of hours.  While he slept, I prepared the boat and we were ready to just start the engine and go. I woke him at 05h00, and we were on the way at 05h10 – still dark so running on radar. There was a full moon …….

Read more